Our Expertise & Experience
As the Founder of Manual Writers International – and Managing Practitioner – I have more than 40 years’ expertise and experience in structuring, authoring, editing and producing professional Franchise Operations Manuals.
I can advise and coach you on all the elements necessary to get your Franchise Operations Manual written – from a blank sheet of paper, through Pilot and Final Editions.
My expertise encompasses more than 40 years’ experience in trade, technical and specialist sectors and includes:
- Leading and assisting small teams of contributors – usually functional heads of departments – to capture Know-How, processes and procedures thereby protecting their Intellectual Property (IP)
- Developing Content Frameworks to underpin legal requirements and minimum operating standards
- Projecting an organisation’s USP, Management Style and Values – ie. how we do business around here
- Designing and matching Content to the type of Target Audience – eg. Corporate Franchise Partner, Managing Director, man with a van
- Ensuring Compliance and Consistency
- Transferring Project Management and associated skills
- Developing a format and presentation appropriate to the Target Audience
- Act as Editor-in-Chief, thereby ensuring a consistent style
- Update an existing manual
- Act as consultant and coach, helping you to produce your manual in-house
- Be on hand for a set number of hours/days/weeks per month
- Train a member of staff to handle updates in-house
In December 2011, I was appointed a Companion of the British Franchise Association (BFA) for an ‘outstanding contribution to franchising in the UK and the BFA’ as a key contributor to the BFA’s Code of Ethics and the Members’ Rule Book.
See also My Team.
For further details please contact Penny Hopkinson on +44 (0)7956 315750 or by email at ManualW@aol.com